Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Trunk

Newly painted area. Rug is pulled back to reveal fuel tank
I painted the entire trunk with Miracle Paint. It did the job of sealing the trunk's rust holes and improving the overall appearance. So far, so good.


Trunk before painting
I will have to buy new carpeting to cover some of the aesthetics of mismatched wires and random cables but it should look great once complete.

I ordered fresh air box and defrost hoses. I'm waiting for the defrost hoses that run to the heater channels and once they come in, can assemble the entire deal. The cleaning process is described in another post.

I ordered a new seal for the fresh air box. I’m hoping this will prevent the water from covering in that caused all the rust in the first place. This seal fits between the trunk and the box, making it water tight.

Old Box
Once the seal arrived, I tried to install it. That’s when I discovered the box was broken around the seal. The owner had silicon glued the seal in place, but it didn’t fit correctly and allowed water to drain in.



New Box
Fortunately I was able to find a decent used one (couldn’t find any in the obvious online stores, but a friend of a friend had one). The only thing is I forgot how to put the fresh air box back in. Everything works, but I just have to install it correctly. 






No comments:

Post a Comment