Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tail Pipe Chrome Exhaust

Clang! That's the noise I heard. I knew something was wrong, but did not know exactly what the problem could be. It wasn't until I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a tail pipe tumbling end over end and cars were swerving out of the way, that I understood what was happening. A second later, the perfectly humming engine began it's throaty roar. Not a bad sound actually.

I'd never thrown a tail pipe before, so I started searching the internet and asked experts like my father. Yep, I'd thrown a tailpipe and yes, it's supposed to be loud like that. However, it's just noise and won't hurt the engine. An no, I don't need a new exhaust, just a new tailpipe.

I ordered my tailpipe from www.westcoastmetric.com and it arrived in a few days. I actually ordered two so that I could have a brand new shiny set. However, I only ordered one set of clamps and had to reuse one of the older sets.

The job was easy, just loosen the old clamps, slide the tailpipe into the muffler, tighten the new clamps and your off.

Be sure to insert the tailpipe as far as it will go. Also, install the clamp so that it covers the tailpipe and muffler  lips. If not, the tailpipe won't stay on.

image courtesy of http://www.clubvw.org.au/oldart016


No comments:

Post a Comment