Saturday, March 23, 2013

Good looking dash area-Bamboo shelf for 69 VW Beetle


I just received the bamboo shelf from Jbugs.com I ordered recently. It got here in no time and looks really nice and I can’t wait to use it. I set it up just above my drink holder as well. I can’t wait to actually be able to keep the bug clean on the inside by the storage space concealed under the dash board. It looks really good too.

Beetle parts never come with instructions, so you have to search them out. This bamboo shelf came with four shelf brackets and 8 screws. I was planning to drill and screw, but a thought occurred to me; why not see if it fits.

It did fit and looks great. The best news is I didn’t have to use the hardware. For some reason the shelf fits so snug (I believe it is the thick carpet) that it is in for good. I’ll test it on the road and make sure it doesn’t vibrate loose. But for now, it looks solid.



I’ll be moving speakers and radio to different locations so the bamboo shelf can be better featured.














No comments:

Post a Comment