Monday, March 4, 2013

Seals and Turn Signals


I was trying to install new seals for the front and rear turn signals. Unfortunately, I had three problems:
  1. The fender was a different color under the old seals and the new seals didn’t cover the paint. I had a horrible experience with matching spray paint. The paint didn't perform well and sprayed beyond the 
  2. The wires were so brittle some of the female ends broke off. This left the wires too short requiring new splicing and the ends reconnected
  3. The original signal light metal assembly had a broken bolt. I had to drill it out and do my best to put in a replacement bolt

All repairs taxed my novice skill level. I did my best, but it’s not too pretty. Hopefully this will be something nice once all said and done.



No comments:

Post a Comment