Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Finished product-Except for some mods.

 So I finished the project. I was able to install the windows, wiring harness, all the fenders, hood, trunk and assemble it good as new. 








Some issues I've overcome:

Needed new:

Fuel pump

Coil

Distributor

alternator

Brake lights did not work. The lights were on all of the time, EXCEPT when I pumped the brakes. I had the switched wired wrong. 

Car died during night test drive. I found out that the alternator is dependent on the warning light in dash. I replaced the bulb and fitting and it worked properly.

Some issues yet to overcome:

Driver's door does not fit. I misjudged the height of the door top from the top of the heater channel. I put shims in to make up the 1 inch difference. My plan is to drive the car and have some fun until winter. Then I'll cut the difference and get the door sized right.

Now for some modifications:

Install drop spindles and front disc brakes

Weld in trim holes. I do not want to install trim and want more of the shaved look.

Tuck bumpers in

Add horsepower to original engine.


More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment