Saturday, October 18, 2014

Preparing for Paint Front End VW Beetle

I spent the day today applying bondo to smooth out the remaining wrinkles. I still have a long way to go to get everything tidy and ready to paint, but the dimples and pin holes are disappearing between the welding and putty application.

I  finished welding the bolt retainer inserts for the front left quarter panel. The hood seal channel was completely rusted so I welded a new one in place. The old one came off easily as it was tack welded and flimsy. The new weld went on easy. I welded it on, ground the rough edges and primered it. I'm not a good welder and you can see where the channel melted a bit. It will hold though.




Also sanded off the remaining glue and tar paper from the interior. Should be finished with this part soon.


Where does all the
rust come from. This is the interior
where the headline fits down the door post

Scrubbing off the old glue and rust from the roof.


Just cleaning up the dash for paint later.

I can't wait to get this bug painted. I'll miss the work though.


I'm going down to metal on my project, but here's a great place to get a new padded dash.


No comments:

Post a Comment