Monday, January 19, 2015

1969 VW Bettle Louver Paint Removal

As I continue to scrape and grind paint from my bug, I am learning new things. Recently I ran across a video on Youtube.com about another VW Beetle project. In it, the host used a media blaster to get those hard to reach places behind the louvers, or the grill holes above the engine compartment.

I bought a 15 pound portable soda blaster. I've never bought one before and didn't know what to expect. If I were going to media blast my entire vehicle, I would definitely need a larger one. But this is great for small jobs. I have a small air compressor, so I had to do a lot of experimenting to get the pressure and soda volume correct. I have just a few small spots and I'll have it done soon.

Here it is so far:






No comments:

Post a Comment