Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Painting the wheels

After successfully keeping the rust at bay, I then began layering on very thin layers of primer. I used Rustoleum high performance primer and Rustoleum high performance enamel paint that is said to be tough enough to resist dings and damage. This is quick drying as well.

Painting was a challenge as you are a slave to your conditions. My conditions were sunny and windy. Lots of pollen, tree flowers and flying insects to make the smooth paint challenging.

After cleaning, prepping and applying the layers of primer, I painted the inside of the rims with the Rustoleum black enamel paint. I chose black for the inside because it would show less dirt and it would be harder to clean. I applied layer after layer until I was satisfied and let the paint dry overnight.



The next day I painted the outside facing wheels a nice ivory using the layer method. Now it's back to the garage to have the tires mounted and wheels balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment